The RASES Center is established by University of Genova and Ecole Centrale de Nantes with the purpose of performing research and scientific collaborations in the field of robotics and autonomous systems in emergency scenarios.
In particular, subject to the powers of the authorities of the member universities, the Center:
- coordinates, promotes, and supports scientific research concerning the development and deployment of robots and autonomous systems able to operate in emergency scenarios, with a specific reference to monitoring, pre-operative management, and real-time intervention;
- promotes the scientific debate and publications, and provides adequate support to the teaching on the subject;
- makes both competences and equipment (located at the member universities) available to the participants in the Center, also in the context of the collaborations mentioned in the previous paragraph;
- promotes initiatives to stimulate interdisciplinary collaboration with other departments and universities, with national and international research organizations, with research units established at public and private institutions;
- organizes courses, seminars, training courses, conferences and study initiatives in the above mentioned scientific disciplines, in compliance with applicable law;
- establishes prizes or fellowships for the achievement of the objectives of the Center, in compliance with applicable law, provided that the funds are specifically designated for such purpose by the sponsor(s);
- promotes technology transfer to business, through the development of joint research and development projects, and through specific contracts.